LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in running LV2013 example for 6023

Hi all,

I have PCI6023E card installed in the system where LV2013 was installed also. I am running the example by "Find Example" to test "Counter Continuous Output.vi", the description of the example said that it supports PCI6023E but when I run it, it shows the following error

Error -89136 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220001

Possible reason(s):

Specified route cannot be satisfied, because the hardware does not support it.

Property: CO.Pulse.Term
Destination Device: Dev1
Destination Terminal: PFI0

Task Name: _unnamedTask<7>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,266 Views)

Hi dragondiver,

Your E Series DAQ's counter outputs can only be routed to certain PFI lines.  You can check the routing table in NI-MAX: when you are looking at your device, click the "Device Routes" tab at the bottom and it will show you which inputs work with which outputs.  I think what's going on is that you are trying to route the counter to a PFI line that doesn't work.

Looking at the table, I see that counter 0 works with PFI3 and 4.  If you try to route it to 0, 1, or 2, you will get the error you're seeing.

Does this resolve the issue?

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,139 Views)

@Spicy_Mystery wrote:

Hi dragondiver,

Your E Series DAQ's counter outputs can only be routed to certain PFI lines.  You can check the routing table in NI-MAX: when you are looking at your device, click the "Device Routes" tab at the bottom and it will show you which inputs work with which outputs.  I think what's going on is that you are trying to route the counter to a PFI line that doesn't work.

Looking at the table, I see that counter 0 works with PFI3 and 4.  If you try to route it to 0, 1, or 2, you will get the error you're seeing.

Does this resolve the issue?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that when I got a chance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,118 Views)