LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in read tag

i am using DSC module to get data from an OPC Server. my OPC Server is running on a server and i am accessing tags on a client machine. i have used ReadTag vi in order to read tags. when i turn th opc server OFF on the server, read tag still shows data. my vi keeps on running. though i have included all error handling, but no error is shown.kindly help me in this regard.
Rubina
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,014 Views)

Rubina,

This may be expected behavior for your server and DSC but I am unsure. It is not uncommon for an OPC client to hold onto the last value it has read from the server. In such a case the quality is still good but the timestamp should be older/unchanging. You may want to look into the timestamps of your tags as well as seeing if your Server has a tag for its status that you can access with your client.

Charlie M. CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,928 Views)
well there is no tag in server that sends the server status.i  have used the Tag Status vi but that is not working as well. i have tried to use SRVR Get Status vi and SVRG Get Device Row, but they r not working. i have searched the entire site to see the use of these two vi's but could not find a proper example, can u help me in this regard that how to use these two vi's. and how can i get server's status on run time.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,221 Views)

Hi Rubina,

Several of the example programs in NI Example Finder use SRVR Get Status VI.  You may be interested in Demo.vi which can be accessed from LabVIEW through Help >> Find Examples... >> Toolkits and Modules >> Datalogging and Supervisory Control >> Servers >> Demo.vi. 

Also, the "Server Shutdown" section of VI-Based Server - Developing a Server discusses the use of SRVR Read Output Queue VI in relation to the shutdown status of a server. 

Jennifer R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,080 Views)