From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error during writing digital output in usb-6343

Solved!
Go to solution

hello.....

i have a trask to produce some digital waves... so i am using daq-6343 usb. for starting it, i am trying to write 1 simple value (i.e  1) to first pin of port. but i am getting error.. here i am attaching error png and vi of code... plz help me out here..

thanks & regards,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,204 Views)

hello i tried some modification and i am getting different error.... plz some look into it and help me out here.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,168 Views)

Hello!

Here is the solution to both your queries:
Query 1:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/370BD28D3D81EB95862572D0000B1C48?OpenDocument

Query 2:
You must write to the buffer before starting the task. i.e. in the virtual channel, DAQmx Write function should come before the DAQmx Start function.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,098 Views)

hey thanks for reply....

your answer realy helps me. 

but now it shows error regarding buffer size.. but as per my knowledge labview itself select buffer size...

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,084 Views)

1. Could you please post a snapshot of the error and also the vi? 

2. Is it necessary to use hardware timing? Software timed output might help. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,072 Views)

i am using same vi with altered position of write and start Vi... right now i am not able to post png file...

but says error of buffer size.. expected is 2 but set value is 1.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,068 Views)

continue..

No.. there is no need to use hardware time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,054 Views)

For a single point output create task, write to buffer, stop task, clear task. No need to have a hardware time for single sample. 

For a waveform output, use software timing. 

PFA the examples for Digital Output. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,051 Views)

hey vkatre...  thanks for help.. can u repost Vi in labview 10...? that would be so gratefull. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,042 Views)