LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code at property node(arg1) in VISA configure serial port

Using the app builder you can prepare an installer package having both the NI Runtime engine and NI-Visa drivers.Once you have the installer you can copy it on the target PC and run the setup.exe (like normal windows setup). The installer will install the run time engine and the VISA drivers.

Regards

Javed

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,191 Views)

Thanks.I copied that installer folder on other PC and ran the setup.exe....After my .exe has installed i opened and ran it... but the same problem is occuring...only parameter that i can't set on my .exe is the VISA resource name...it is showing blurred....rest of the parameters for serial like baud rate,parity etc.I can change with the arrow scroll while VI running...only the VISA resource name i can't access.. after opening VI  by default it is showing blank....and i can't set 'COM1' into it.....it is showing error like this-----Error 1073807202 at property node in VISA configure serial port....is it happening due to any change in configure serial port VI.. if by my any mistake???

best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,188 Views)

Did you include the NI-VISA driver packages in you installer ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,186 Views)

how to include VISA driver packages in Installer??...shall i have to set it in "installer settings" tab in build application or shared library(DLL) menu??..or are there other settings that have to be followed??

best reagards.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,185 Views)

Please refer to below link and see section Installers (Windows)

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3303

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,182 Views)

Thanks..I'l try this and let u know on Monday.

best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,181 Views)

Thanks...this link is useful in case of labview 8.0 only..which has an added feature of project explorer..could u pls give me a link that would do with labview 7.0?

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,177 Views)
I m out now. U can try searching it on the NI website.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,173 Views)

@sku1988 wrote:

It is mentioned on the licensed copy that we have with us for labview 7.1 as---LabVIEW 7 Express Full Development System..

and  for labview 7.0 it is---LabVIEW 7 Express Professional Development System.

How should I load hardware drivers that include VISA on a PC where labview is not installed??

Thanks and Regards.

Full  is not "Professional"  you need an application builder add on or upgrade to 7.1 Professional.  (of course 7.1 is about 7 years old Many features have been added that make it worthwhile to upgrade Like the project explorer that was introduced in LabVIEW 8.0 that really helped deploying applications)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,170 Views)