LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code -10401 device recognized by max but does not communicate with software

@deepakve wrote:

Do you think installing labview 7 instead of 8.5 would work?

What do you mean, "would work"?  You do know that a VI that has been saved in, say, LabVIEW 8.5 cannot be opened by LabVIEW 8.2, 8.0, 7.1, or 7.0, don't you?  LabVIEW is not "backward compatible" -- you cannot open new code with an old LabVIEW Version.  There is a VI-by-VI method of "Save for Previous Version", but it is a lot of work.

What you are proposing is to take a system that currently doesn't work, try to convert it to run on PC hardware that you probably cannot buy any more, with an Operating System that has not been supported for a decade, using a version of LabVIEW that is a decade-and-a-half old, and using technology ("Legacy DAQ") that NI has abandoned 15 years ago.  I would certainly not do this -- it would take me much more time to get something to work, would be much harder to code, debug, maintain.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(283 Views)

Hi Bob!

Thank you for the information on labview version compatibility. I tried re-installing labview 8.5, then installing Nidaq driver 7.4. The result is still the same with error 10401. I have attached a jpeg file which shows the device being listed under both NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ (legacy). Also, under "softwares", NI-DAQmx 8.7 is used and Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.4 was later installed. Are there any other drivers that need to be installed in order for the device to be recognized by the software?

Deepak

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(273 Views)