LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error : Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

The elimination of an error indicator does still scare me a little, though.

It sure is kind of scary; I'll post further info if something similar occurs. Thanks for the reply though!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,153 Views)

Zombie thread time.  We have encountered this in LabvIEW 2018 (18.0.1f4 (64 bit)).  It also is saying some Actor Framework vi lib item is the one that's saved without a block diagram.

We're going to start reverting code from SCC until the problem (hopefully) magically goes away and then re-write the code we reverted and hope not to trigger this behavior again.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(738 Views)

Here for the second zombie bump; this is the SEO'd page so I'll contribute here.

This is currently happening with my build, but when I enable debugging, some data I saved in a control's default value got reset, losing buildtime compile information and some other important compiletime settings. Additionally, the built EXE doesn't start automatically, somewhich which the LabVIEW Knowledge Base reports you can fix ... by disabling debugging!

Here's where the Turing Test for LabVIEW behavior begins; which is it in everyone's experience? How did you solve similar issues? Is a really old LV version a common thread, even if you're also only working with one version of LabVIEW for everything?

I'm almost at the point of considering a full blown resintall or even, mayhaps, a computer reboot! The tech support helpdesker in me either wants to applaud or is getting more scared, I can't quite tell.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(452 Views)