LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 85 using Lecroy wavejet 324A

hello!!!

I'm trying to communicate with my computer Lecroy WaveJet 324A oscilloscope, using the examples that come in LabView but sends

Error 85 occurred at Scan From String (arg 1) in LeCroy WaveJet Series.lvlib: Error Query.vi-> LeCroy WaveJet Series.lvlib: Autosetup.vi-> LeCroy WaveJet Series Waveform.vi Acquire Math

can someone help me with this problem please

Ofmara Acosta
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,721 Views)

Hi,

Error 85 from a scan from string means the string input is not in the format expected.  This should be fixed in the latest driver.

If you are not using the Initialize.vi then you may also get this error.  The scan from string is looking for a number but the string has a letter or some non-numerical character (i.e. a carriage return, or line feed).

Check the string going into the Scan from String function.  If the Initialize.vi was not used, the scope may be echoing the command you send.

Cheers,

Leonard Brown

Applications Engineer

Teledyne Lecroy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,713 Views)

I have an other problem, I can´t run the labview examples, I´m using at USB interfaz 

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.

Ofmara Acosta
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,692 Views)

do you have a last version driver?

Ofmara Acosta
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,691 Views)

Hi,

The latest driver is on the NI website.  You can follow a link to it from the Teledyne Lecroy website as well:  http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/labview.aspx?capid=106&mid=533&smid=

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Is this a 32 bit version?  Also, what version of NI-VISA are you using?

See if you can use WaveStudio to connect to your scope from the PC.  You can get WaveStudio for free from the Teledyne LeCroy Website:  http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/home.aspx?capid=106&mid=533&smid=

Cheers,

Leonard Brown

Application Engineer

Teledyne LeCroy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,684 Views)

I'm having the same problem. In my case it's inside the error query vi where an *ESR? is sent.

For some reason the OSC doesn't send back anything here for some of the vi's. eg setting timebase.

If you probe it you see +000000 most of the time, so no error, and then zero bytes for timebase, so scan string fails.

Setting a wait here doesn't work, so I think the OSC just ignores it. Another possibility is that it tries to read too much data, and extra line feed etc. At this point I'm just thinking to get labview to ignore scan string errors and hope all the rest is working 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,637 Views)

after I install the last driver version, I needed active de ID Query, and remove the auto set up in the examples from LabView.

Currently It´s working, now my problem are the acquisition time. 

Ofmara Acosta
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,610 Views)

Hi dave66,

Are you actually looking at the number of returned bytes?  I just did some testing and discovered that with the ENET interface, I have no issues, but with the USB interface, I get a "\r" then "+00000" so a probe on the return string does not appear to have any data but it is there.

I did some further digging and found that when I send more than one command in a single write, the scope responds with a "\r" as the first character for the next query I send.  I am not sure how soon we can get this fixed.  I have to file it as a bug and then allow our engineers to find the fix and implement it in the next release of the firmware for the scope.  The current release as of today (April 5th, 2013) is version 5.06.  You can check for the latest release from here:  http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/firmwareupgrade.aspx

The alternative (not the right solution, but will take care of this) is to go into the write vi and modify it so that if it is trying to send more than one command, you parse the command and send one at a time in a loop.

I don't like this solution because although it will work, the right solution is to make the scope behave the same regardless of the interface.  But it will at least get you up and going until our engineers can address the issue.

Let me know what version of LabVIEW you are using and if I have it available, I am happy to modify the vi and provide it to you.

Cheers,

Leonard Brown

Applications Engineer

Teledyne LeCroy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,605 Views)

Hello oframa,

I am not sure I understand what you mean about the ID query and autosetup.

Can you provide more details on what VI's you are using from the driver, and what the acquisition time issue is?

What are the scope settings you are using? i.e. Volts/div, Seconds/div, Sample rate, trigger settings...

I am happy to investigate to see what the issue may be.

Leonard Brown

Applications Engineer

Teledyne LeCroy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,599 Views)

Duh!  I put April 5th as todays date.  It is actually the 4th. (Wishful thinking on my part) Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,598 Views)