From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 7 occurred while building source distribution in labview 8

I can build exe file and  installer for my project. But while trying to build source distribution i got an error. Error description is as follows:

Error 7 occurred at ABAPI Dist Report Read Link Info Error.vi -> ABAPI Dist Cmp Settings to Disk Hier.vi -> ABAPI Get Settings From File.vi -> SDBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> SDBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> SDBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,644 Views)
Hey Ramasamy,

Is this an isolated incident or can you not build Source Distributions at all?  I might suggest a test build of an example program or other VI just to see if you can actually build something.  It is odd that you would be able to build an EXE but not a source distribution.  Are there any settings, other than the default, that you are using for the build specification?  You might consider trying to Preview the build before you actually build it to see if there are errors. 

Repost with some additional info and I will be glad to help!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,627 Views)
Hi Andy,

FYI, initially part of this project was developed in LabVIEW 7.1 and now I have converted all the project files to LabVIEW 8.0. This was done by mass compiling and saving all the VIs.

It is possible for me to build source distribution for some other programs. But I got the error while building source distribution for my current project. Same error was generated even while previewing the source distribution. This project contains some dynamic VIs. I had included them under the dynamic VIs and support files while creating EXE file. While building source distribution, i got an error message saying that :

"Unable to generate preview. An included VI or one of its dependencies does not exist. Open all Startup/Exported/Dynamically called VIs, recompile them  (Ctrl-Shift Click the run arrow), and save them to update their dependencies.
\\Source code\Controls\Tests\Battery Current Calibration\Battery Current Calibration1.ctl
<Call Chain>Error 7 occurred at ABAPI Dist Report Read Link Info Error.vi -> ABAPI Dist Cmp Settings to Disk Hier.vi -> ABAPI Get Settings From File.vi -> SDBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine_Preview.vi -> SDBUIP_Build_Rule_Editor.vi -> SDBUIP_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> SDBUIP_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux."

For this error I rename the control, relink it in the code, and save the VI. Now I got an error message indicating different control. I was totally confused by this behaviour. What is the problem? Why the problem occured? What procedure to follow to avoid these kind of errors in future? I would be thankful, if I can get answers for my questions.

Thanks in advance.

Ramasamy.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,612 Views)
Ramasamy,

It seems that when building a source distribution from custom controls/type defs that were created in LabVIEW 7.1, some error is occuring.  I am not sure what is causing this type of error.  I tried to create a VI and controls in LabVIEW 7.1 and then mass compile and build a source distribution.  I was able to build and preview with no errors, so it may be something else.  Are your CTL files Type Defs or customized controls?  If you go through each CTL that is giving errors are you able to then build the distribution?  I am not sure what you can do to prevent this from happening in the future.  If you open the CTL that gives you an error is there a star by the name in the title bar?  If so this would indicate that it is getting recompiled when it is opened rather than when the mass compile took place.

I hope this helps!  Repost with more information or questions!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,597 Views)