LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 7 at constructor node in ULx create channel vi

I got some easy help last time, hoping for a repeat today.

Here's my situation:

I'm working on a simple loop that measures some thermocouples and an analog voltage for pressure. Unfortubately this unit does not have a NiRio, but instead it has 2 measurement computing USB daqs. So I am using the measurement computing vi's to read from it, one creates a virtual channel, the other reads it. When testing it looks like the read vi works fine however I get an error from the createvirtual channel vi which is:

Error 7 occurred at Constructor Node in ULx Create IOTask.vi->ULx Create Channel (AI-Temperature).vi:1->DS4-Labview Reactor dP_Revs.vi (The last part just  being my                          main vi's name)

And the diologue box reads:

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path                                  separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
                 =========================
                 NI-488: Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Now I've tried to check the path and it looks like everything is there but I may be wrong. I also added the actual vi library folder to the options>paths>vi section, to see if that would help but it wouldn't....

Based on the message it sounds to me like the constructor node is what it can't find but I have no idea how to alter that path. I know I have all the vi's and software installed from MC for this so I'm not sure what else to do.

Any help is apreciated.

~Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,566 Views)

It is a challenge to help you with a VI that you refuse to show us.  Attach your VI (not a picture of the VI, but the VI itself, please) and we might have a better idea of what is going on and how to fix it.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- if there are a bunch of VIs that we need to see, compress the folder containing them and attach the resulting .zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,560 Views)

OK I was hoping I was missing something simple, attached is the main vi, the two simple sub vi's I also wrote, and the ULx vi folder which contains the measurement computing sub vi's that are causing the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,545 Views)

Stupid me -- I apologize for my somewhat snide attitude in my earlier response.  I just realized you are dealing with MCC's code, and that there's a "hidden trick" about where you have to put their DLLs in order for them to be picked up by LabVIEW.  We worked this out (my colleagues using their stuff), but he's not answering his phone, so I'll see if I've got a link somewhere.  If not, I'll bug him tomorrow and post the fix (assuming this is the problem).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,539 Views)

OK, some questions:

• Are you configuring the MCC devices and ULx stuff using MAX?  [I see code for Dev1 in ULx Create Virtual Channel].
  • Have you run InstaCal?  According to MCC's QuickStart Notes for ULx for NI LabVIEW, you do not use MAX, but need to use their InstaCal utility.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,522 Views)

I used instacal to configure the MCC daqs. The daqs work fine, the old .exe for this vi still works ok, I'm just doing some changes as this vi hasn't been updated in almost 2 years. I actually had it working a few days ago, then through some update or unknown change it no longer works. If you ignore the create channel vi's not wokring the read channel vi's seem to work fine. That's why I can't figure this out, it sees the .dll, the files are all in the places it "looks" like they want them to be, but it can't create a channel. Thanks for the help I hope whatever work around you guys had can fix this up.

Side note about configuring the hardware: when this vi was working it didn't matter if I was connected to the daqs or not, if they weren't connected they would just read zero values when the vi ran, but it ran into no problems trying to run the mcc sub vi's.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,483 Views)

I recently had a DLL problem where i only got the code to run from a project (the older DLLs worked fine in a free running VI) and when compiling it, it placed the DLL in the data-folder, but the program didn't run.

By placing the DLL in the exe folder, i got it to run.

Could this be similar?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,459 Views)

As of right now I can't get it to run using the full LV version, I haven't rebuilt the exe yet because it's not working where it stands.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,450 Views)

Well I have it working right now with a really odd fix....

Normall the daq is connected to a desktop to run the most current exe for the main vi. So I went to test the code again, connected the mc daq to my laptop. I wrote a new vi with a really simple timed loop with a read and indicator on the inside, the create virtual channel on the outside.....annnnd it worked? So I reopened my main vi, ran it annnnnd it worked? I have no idea how that helped it figure out where to look but it somehow did. Now I just have to do my remaining edits and hope the exe works as well.....

Thanks for the help anyway guys. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,441 Views)