LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error-50808 usb transaction error

I use Labview 17.1 and usb-6003 DAQ for my design. After random amount of time from the beginning of the program changing between 2 seconds to 56 seconds, firstly Labview freezes and then it throws the following error.

A USB transfer failed due to a transaction error reported by the USB host controller. This may be due to a fault in the system's USB host controller, a USB cable, or a USB device.

I know that this error was already discussed in white pages and forums but I could not solve it. I tried suggested solutions: I tried different cables, disconnected and reconnected it, disabled and enabled the device from device manager, I tried both usb 3.0 and and 2.0 drivers (by the way if you can tell me which one is better for usb-6003 I appreciate) and I prevented Windows to close serial ports to save power but still I have this problem. I found a way on internet to reset the decive whenever device is disconnected, but I prefer a real solution rather than a walkaround. What else can I do to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,831 Views)

You may have already found this, given the research you've done, but be sure you aren't using any type of USB hub or extender and are plugging the device into an independent USB port (such as the ones on the back of a PC tower). Additionally, if you can try this device on a different computer are you seeing the same error there?

Parul M.

Applications Engineer

National Instrument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,796 Views)

I don't use any extender and problem still exists on different computers. However, I made some progress by decreasing the transaction volume, I decreased the speed of some loops and decreased the frequency of analog input acquisition frequency. Now I get error less frequently, but I still get them. But now, I began to receive

error -224606: "Internal Software Error occured in MIO software. Please contact National Instruments Support." more than the error I mentined in first post. I guess both of these errors are caused by some problems during data transaction because I realized that decreasing the transaction volume still helps, but I cannot keep decreasing the transaction volume. I feel like there is a probability of error at every transaction, and I get less errors by decreasing number of transactions, not decreasing the error probability at every transaction or solving the problem. Some idea that bothers me is, I use many local variables, does local variables increase amount of transaction so much? Does decreasing the number of local variables help? Or rather than decreasing number of transactions, is there any real solution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,793 Views)

I generally like to suggest to not use too many local variables as they can cause race conditions. Global variables are a bit better in that regard. From an article we have it states that local variables are also a "[m]emory intensive process.  These have the same front panel update logic as controls/indicators, however they must make a full copy of the data in memory for each local variable you create."

Also, there might be an issue with you DAQmx install, I would suggest Uninstall or Repair any or all software that you are using. Here is also a forum post that seems to talk about the error you are receiving. 

Parul. M - AE - NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,784 Views)