From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 2983 while building an exe which has source control vis

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

I'm tyring to build an exe for a code that has source control VIs in it. i get error 2983 while running the exe. i did some research and found that about the three parameters that need to entered into the ini file. i did that and also added the NI_SCC_P4CMD.lvlib to the dependency. i still get the error. not sure what wrong i'm doing here. below are my variables in the ini file

SCCConfigData="TRUE;TRUE;;;;"
SCCProviderName="Perforce Command Line"
SCCProviderLocation="P4CMD"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,878 Views)

Are you using Perforce as your SCC provider?  Are you trying to integrate it into the LabVIEW Development environment?

I don't really understand your question or problem.  Many of us (I, among them) use some form of Version Control Software (I, myself, use Subversion) to manage our LabVIEW code.  But when actually working with LabVIEW (i.e. running LabVIEW in "development mode", including building Executables), the SCC is basically nowhere to be seen, and in no way enters into the Build process.

If you are, indeed, using Perforce, and if Perforce needs, somehow, to be "integrated" into the LabVIEW Development system, then someone else with experience in this provider will have to come forward.  However, I've had no trouble at all using Subversion to manage my LabVIEW code repositories ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,862 Views)

I am using perforce as my scc provider. i am using the source control vis to get some revision information in the development environment. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,845 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author socalscouser

nevermind folks. i added the folder to the always included list instead of the .lib file and it works great!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,823 Views)