LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 2146827284 when running XY Graph Generation.vi

I am using windows 7 x64, ms office 2007 and LV 2016.

I tried running this example vi, and received this error.

I will leave a picture in the description, so that you can view the complete description of the error.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,531 Views)

Instead of "the complete description of the error", we need to see "a complete description of what you did", which you can do by attaching code (this means a VI) that produces the error.  If we also see the error, we can tell you how to fix it (if it is fixable), or can tell you what you did "wrong" to cause it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,512 Views)

LV 2015 VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,507 Views)

Thank you for attaching your code.  Now I notice that I've made fairly detailed comments on two other of your posts treating some of these same issues, so I'm not going to repeat all of them here.  But here are some comments directly related to the (very large) VI that you posted:

• Try very hard to keep your Block Diagram no larger than a single "moderate-sized" screen, say 1280 x 1024 pixels.  The way to do this is to use subVIs, to encapsulate "details" in a subVI that occupies 32x32 pixels instead of sprawling over half the screen.
  • Another advantage of subVIs is that it makes you think about broad functions, not details.  I like to say "What do you want to do, not how are you going to do it?".
  • I really don't know what this large routine does.  There's a curious Event structure inside the While loop (???), a whole bunch of calculations (on what and meaning what I can't quite tell), and then results are bundled into arrays.
  • There a Sequence structure that appears to be writing some subset of the data into an (unnamed) Excel Workbook.  The sequence starts with writing one subset of data to a .csv (Delimited Spreadsheet) file, then writing a fancy graph in Excel (but, curiously, not saving it).  Note that (a) you absolutely do not need (and therefore should not use) a Sequence Structure -- normal Data Flow, enforced by (proper) use of the Error Line, will do it for you.
  • Myself, I'd advocate writing two subVIs, one to write the .csv file, the other to create the Excel Graphs.  It will really simplify the structure of your Block Diagram.
  • A note -- following my first suggestion to "use lots of subVIs" makes sense only if you are certain that you create an Icon for every subVI that your write.  The Icon Editor is very easy to use -- a simple 32x32 Black Outline with 3 lines of short text ("Plot Excel" or "Save in CSV") is all you need for now.
  • While we're talking about subVIs, try to use the default 4-2-2-4 connector pattern for all of your subVIs, with Error In and Error Out on the lower corners.  If you have more than 5 other inputs or outputs, consider creating Clusters to bundle some of them.
  • And while we're on the topic of Clusters, for every cluster you create, you should also create a TypeDef (and use the TypeDef almost everywhere).  If you don't know how to do this, ask.

Try to read the comments on the three or four posts you've created recently, and see if you can't incorporate as many of the comments in creating a new, simplified, subVI-ed version of your code.

Ooh, dare I ask, do you develop your code using LabVIEW Project?  If you are going to follow my suggestion about using a lot of subVIs to make your code cleaner, easier to understand, easier to debug, etc., you will need to organize the various routines by keeping them in a single Folder (or Folder Tree), and building a LabVIEW Project inside that Folder.  Again, if you don't know how to do this, ask.  When you do have a Project that you want to show us, what you do is to create a Compressed Copy of your Project Folder, which should contain your Main VI and all the subVIs in a single Zip file, and attach that one Zip.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,459 Views)

You mentioned you have Office 2007, but error shows something Office12. 

-Do you have both versions?

-What is your Report generation toolkit version?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,447 Views)
I have report generation toolkit 2016, and I only have office 2007.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,442 Views)

I would suggest you to run the inbuilt example and post your findings if it works properly.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,432 Views)