LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -200437 while running NI ELVISmx Oscilloscope express VI for ELVIS II+

Hello,

While running NI ELVISmx Oscilloscope express VI for ELVIS II+ I'm getting error error -200437.

The error states: External calibration constants are invalid. Perform an external calibration. Contact National Instruments Technical Support if you need additional information.

The same VI runs without any issues, when running from its default front panel.

Does anybody have any ideas why the VI gives such error? I have posted the same question in Academic Hardware Products forum, but still haven't got any response.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,485 Views)

Hi Arev,

I saw that you posted in the Academic Forums for this same issue. A Corrective Action Request (CAR) has been filed with R&D to address this error. For your reference the CAR number is 578704. As of now, there is not a workaround for this issue; however, you mentioned that when you run the default front panel there is no error, will this work for your application? Could you explain more about how you plan to use the ExpressVI in your application if not? 

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,439 Views)

Hi Jake,

I'm going to use the express VI in my application as a subVI. It is a part of a software application, where I'm using also DMM and FGen of NI ELVIS.

All express VIs are used as subVIs, and I have developed my own front panel, which includes all three parts (DMM, FGEN and Oscilloscope). That's why I cannot use default front panels.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,430 Views)

Hi Arev,

Thanks for giving more information. Could you please attach the smallest reproducable version of your code that gives this error? What version of ELVISmx and LabVIEW do you have installed on your computer? 

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,409 Views)

Hi Jake,

I have attached very simple VI, which calls the Express VI of oscilloscope. If you open its properties, and run it from the default front panel, it works properly. When running as a subVI, from the calling VI, it returns error.

I'm using Window 7, 64-bit. The locale is Russian.

ELVISmx - 15.0

LabVIEW - 14.0

DAQmx - 15.5

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,402 Views)

Hi Arev,

I am not able to replicate this issue on my machine with LabVIEW 2014 or LabVIEW 2015 on my end. Have you tried it on another computer? Can you include screenshots of the error? 

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,382 Views)

Hi Jake,

I have tried to run it on other machine as well, with the same result.

Have you changed the Format to Russian in "Region and Language" settings of Windows?

I'll send the screenshot with the error tomorrow.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,375 Views)

Hi Arev,

Do you have the screenshots of the error so I can look see what you are experiencing? Does the error occur with the ELIVS not plugged in? 

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,353 Views)

Hi Jake,

Attached please find the screenshot showing block diagram, front panel, and the error explained.

When the ELVIS is unplugged I get error -201003 "Device cannot be accessed." 

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,336 Views)