cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 14: Could not load data space type map

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have written a programm in Labview 8.5 on one computer, saved it and copied it to another computer. There I got this error message when I open the vi:  Labview: Memory is full, Labview load error code 14: Could not load data space type map. I try to start the vi one the first computer again and it crashed. While crashing it corrupted every vi related to the main vi. Even the ones I have saved earlier and which were not open at the time (I haven´t closed Labview between so they were probable in the Labview memory). I have encounter this error many times and every time I have used the IMAQ package inside the vi. Is there a solution?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,556 Views)

Hi Alsa,

I have tried opening your 2 VIs on several machines and always get the same result:

error 14 on dualROI_cam.vi and

error 23 on crosshair.vi

I'm afraid these VIs might be beyond repair, but I'm still looking into them. Do you have any previous versions of these VIs that are not corrupted?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,533 Views)

Hi,

I can now reproduce the error. I have written a vi in Labview 2009 f3 32bit and saved it for Labview 8.5. I can open the vi in 8.5 and make changes. The vi is working. Then I save the vi and everthing seems normal. Next time I open the vi I get the message that Labview  crashed last time at TD.cpp Line 2471. And after that the error 14 and error 23 for the two vi s.

I have attached the working original files (dualROI_LV85comp.vi and crosshair.vi) and the logfile.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,523 Views)

Hi Alsa,

thanks for the info. With it I was able to find a CAR (corrective action request) that describes exactly that. The problem is known to the developers and is being worked on. I don't have any information on when that will be.

As a workaround, you can save the VI in 8.2 and then open that in 8.5 without seeing this problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,515 Views)

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,501 Views)

Ok,

when I export the vi to LV8.2 I get : Fatal Internal Error: MemoryManager.cpp Line 547 .

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,460 Views)

Hi Alex,

do you get this error while saving the VI, or when opening it in LV8.5?

Could you send me the original LV2009 files so that I can try to SFP (save for previous) version on my computer?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,407 Views)

Hi,

I get the error when I save the file for LV82. I have all the files attached.

Thanks so far

Alex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,402 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Alsa

Hi Alex,

unfortunately there seems to be another similar problem that prevents LV2009 from saving for version 8.5 or earlier if the vi contains an event structure. (CAR 183005).

The solution there is to use version 2009 SP1 where this bug was fixed.

The solution for the other CAR I mentioned is not yet fixed so that upgrading to SP1 and saving back to version 8.2 is the way to do it at the moment.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Let me know if you're able to fix it with that.

Regards,

Message 9 of 10
(4,369 Views)

Hi,

thanks for all the help. It is working.

I have updated to LV2009 SP1 and now it does work, when I save the vi to LV8.2. Even the eventstructure is working.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,338 Views)