LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1322 installing labview 6.0.2 professional

Installing labview 6.0.2 Professional from your cd rom, after choosing the SCC option, appears on installer information menu, this message:
"error 1322 a portion of the folder path " exceed length allowed by the system".
What is happened ?
P.S. My operative system is Windows 95.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,851 Views)
Hello,

This problem is probably resulting from a faulty install module with NI-VISA...you could verify this if you try the install without NI-VISA and it works properly. Anyway, to fix the problem, please follow these steps:

1. Run the "instmsi.exe" program from your LabVIEW CD.
2. Detach the file below to your hard drive.
3. Go to Start >> Run, and type the following:

msiexec /i "path to lv60.msi" TRANSFORMS="path to visafix.mst"

Where the paths within the quotes are the actual paths to the lv60.msi file (on your CD-ROM) and your visafix.mst file (which you detached somewhere on your hard drive). Once you've done this, the LabVIEW installation will start, and hopefully you will not encounter the error again.

If you do continue to have problems, howev
er, I recommend you install LabVIEW without NI-VISA, then go to our website and download and install NI-VISA separately.

Please let me know if you're continuing to have any problems. Thanks for your patience on this issue, and have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,
Darren Nattinger
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,851 Views)
Thank you Darren.
Your solution has resolved my problem.

Test engineer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,851 Views)
Darren,
I tried using your solution to the "Error 1322" problem, however the problem still persists. I am trying to reinstall LabVIEW on my Win2k box, and when I attempt to reinstall, I get the message 'Error 1322. A portion of the folder path " exceedes the length allowed by the system.' Is there another fix available?

-Brant Zielinski
bzielinski@gotoarc.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,851 Views)
Hello Darren,

Your fix doesn't seem to work on a w2k platform, e.g. I still get error 1322, even if i only install labview, and nothing else.

Please help.......
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,851 Views)
Stil doesn-t work for me 😞
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,851 Views)