From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1052

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to build a source distribution of my project. I keep running into error 1052, text at the bottom of the post. I have already mass compiled the project folder with zero errors or warnings. When I generate the preview of the build it gives no errors. It is not until i try to build the source distribution that I get the error. I have searched the forum but I am still a bit fuzzy on what the actual problem is. The internet toolkit is a core file and therfore locked from editing.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Error copying files.
Source: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\addons\internet\ftp\ftp0.llb\Not An FTP Session?.vi
Destination: T:\Projects\Mfg automation\ACM\builds\ACM-MTP\ACM MTP v1.0 source\Not An FTP Session?.vi

Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
<APPEND>
Method Name: <b>Set Path</b>

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1052 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The LabVIEW filename is invalid.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,524 Views)

The problem is due to the fact that it's trying to copy a file from inside an LLB to a folder. Unfortunately, the filename is invalid once it comes out of the LLB. The filename has a "?" at the end. This is fine as long as it's in the LLB. It's not once it tries to place the file into a directory for the build. This is one reason why LLBs should no longer be used since they can generate these kinds of errors during build time.

This was discussed here.  NI has to fix their toolkits.

Message 2 of 6
(3,519 Views)

Thank you smercurio.

I am not using Not An FTP Session?.vi but it is part of the FTP toolkit. Is there a work around that would allow me to build the source distribution? It seems like I am stuck until the toolkit is changed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,500 Views)
You may not be using it directly, as it's probably being used as a subVI. You can verify this by looking at the VI Hierarchy window. I don't know of a way to fix this other than not using the VI that's using that subVI. I would suggest contacting NI Tech Support directly, as this is something that should have been fixed a long time ago. Perhaps they can send you a hotfix.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,497 Views)

Testguy,

What version of LabVIEW are you using? When you open ftp0.llb from <vi.lib>\addons\internet\ftp do you have a Not An FTP Session.vi as well as a NotAn FTP Session?.vi?

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author testguy99

I am using LabVIEW 8.6. ftp0.llb contains both Not An FTP Session.vi and Not An FTP Session?.vi. When I look at the VI Heirarchy for my main VI in the project only Not An FTP Session.vi is listed, called by FTP Open Session.vi.

My project list had the locked NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib and NI_InternetTK_Common_VIs.lvlib included (i don't remember added them), when I removed these from the project I was able to successfully build the source distribution.

Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,462 Views)