LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1031 what exactly is this trying to say?

I get an Error 1031 when trying to run an example Labview program that came with a new piece of test equipment.

Error 1031 occurred at Open VI Reference in

Open IBOC Generator Control Session.vi->IBOC

-Open control Session.vi->IBOC - Open Control

Session.vi.ProxyCaller

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,828 Views)

Shown below is from part of the code from one of the shipping examples called Dynamic Load Example. When you use the Open VI Reference and the Call by Reference Node, you can dynamically load any VI that has the same connector pattern as the type specifier. The message is telling you that the called VI's connector pane does not match the connector pane of the type specifier. You can attempt to fix it yourself by right clicking on the type specifier and selecting Select VI Server Class>Browse.. and then selecting the VI that is supposed to be loaded dynamically. Of course, this might cause other dynamically loaded VIs to fail if their connectors patterns are different. You have not attached the driver so it's hard to say why the error would be occuring now with something that had presumably worked at one time. You haven't given the name of the instrument, either. If the driver was written by the instrument vendor and is not available on NI's site, then you should contact the vendor.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-19-2007 09:01 AM

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-19-2007 09:01 AM

Message 2 of 5
(7,814 Views)

Hi Dennis

I have read this subject and I have some questions to ask.

What if I would like to load two vi dynamically into the same call by reference node in the same loop at different occasions, that each perform the different functions, although each vi has similiar connector pane. So I do not need to browse and select the dirrerent vi since the connector panes are similiar. Am I wrong?   

I have tested it with  the attached vi and it works.

Why do I still get error when I followed the same rule in my application?

When it first load the first vi a few times and then it is cleared, it then again loads  the second vi(different function but holds the similiar connector panes) and error 1031 appears. By right the reference to the previous vi is cleared. Please advise how I should do it?

Here is my attached pic of my application.

callbyref.JPG

regards

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,384 Views)

Hi all

Just realised that there ia a change in the property of the control in the main vi and it did not reflect changes in the reference control in the subvi. That's why

Anyway thanks.

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,343 Views)

Hi rcard,

Dennis hit the nail on the head: I think we'll need to know more about where this driver and example code came from before we can effectively help you figure out what's going wrong with it. I'll be more than happy to take a look once you do.

Verne D. // Software R&D // National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,321 Views)