LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1 invalid in input parrameter + NI 488

Hi all,

Since I upgraded to LV 2009 and Win7 (I don't know if the issued is ralated) I have been having probem with my write to mesaurment file express vi.

No matter what I try or how simple I make the VI, I always get the same error.

As you can see,  I have a simulated signal that i being record, but everytime that I enable/disable the write to mesauement file I get this:

error1.png

Like I said, this only began to happen with LV2009 and/or win7.

Thanks,

Roddy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,245 Views)
The first part of that error is what applies to you, and the most likely reason is exactly what it says: check your path, including the name of the file itself to make sure you don't have illegal characters. 99.9999% of the time that's what the problem is.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,237 Views)

beleive me, I already did that...

c:\sensor\try.lvm

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,225 Views)

Shot in the dark. Did you perhaps upgrade from XP? I thought I read online here how Windows doesn't let you write to certain areas anymore. Check your permissions.

Hope this helps.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,219 Views)

Roddy wrote:

beleive me, I already did that...

c:\sensor\try.lvm

Windows 7 has more restrictive access for arbitrary locations on the root drive. This is by design. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,216 Views)

That is a possibilty, the only problem is that when I deploy the program to another computer does the sam--actually doesn't display an error it just doesn't record... it says <no path>

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,207 Views)

The Write to Measurement file is simply writing a text file. You can check to see if this is a file system issue by simply trying to use the standard Write to Text File function to write a text file to that same location. If you get the same error, then it's a OS/file system issue, not a LabVIEW issue and you will need to either write to a different location, or configure the permissions as required by the OS.

Message 7 of 11
(4,199 Views)

I had the same problem with my VI, which used "enable" control.

I tested without "enable" control, and it worked fine.

So, I used case structure instead of using "enable" control.

I don't know why it happens, but using "enable" control cause the error with 2009 version.

I tested same thing with 8.6, there was no problem at all with the same VI.

I hope this small tip helps you. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,998 Views)

I have also met the same problem on LV2009 Evaluation edition. So, I could not continue running the tutorials on Chapter 3 on the Startup Guide.

I think this is possively a bug on LV2009.

Anyway, I have finally fixed the issue using a Express Relay connector instead of using Enable I/O, it was tough for me since I'm a beginner of LV, though.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,929 Views)
You all are correct.  This is incorrect behavior and has been documented by our R&D department as Correct Action Request (CAR) 183624.  Please check the release notes for new versions for if this is fixed.  For any additional information on this issue, please post back to this forum.
Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,913 Views)