LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enlarge radio buttons

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to enlarge the round buttons on a radio control?  It is pretty easy to customize an LED control/indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,944 Views)

Search the LabVIEW help on "customizing controls"  most controls can be made to look like anything---- if you modify their parts!  Most means "NOT system controls---- for the most part---

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,943 Views)

I don't think you can change the size of a radio button.  I would be interested to know how if there is a way.  However, it is easy for a LED though. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,933 Views)

I don't see how either.  It seems to me that the radio buttons that are even in the Modern and Classic palette sets all use a system radio button for the actual button itself which is not customizable.

Drop radio button sets from all 3 types of pallets.  You'll see differences in the overall controls, but the buttons themselves all look the same.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,925 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author phillman

Are you talking about a single radio button or a radio button control?

A radiobutton control is a special container for booleans where only one (or possibly zero if so configured) can be true at any given time. On the diagram it acts like an enum with the label of each control as items.

You can right-click any of the booleans inside and replace them with any other boolean you like (buttons, switches, LED, etc.etc). You can delete booleans and add more boolean. They don't even need to have the same design. Place whatever booleans you want and resize them to any desired size!

Now to create an oversized radiobutton (either inside a radiobutton control or standalone), you can import graphics to the true and false states of a plain boolean button so it looks like a giant readiobutton. Anything can be done!

(The only problem is the fact that the radio button control cannot be empty, even temporarily during editing. It seems nobody really cares, because my related idea is not very popular :()

Message 5 of 9
(5,919 Views)

Hi,

Quick and easy reply is you can't easily change the size of control where size option is disabled in property tab.

Now depends on your creativity and expertise level in designing custom controls..

-HS

Message 6 of 9
(5,912 Views)

Hi Alten,

Thanks!  I never knew that.  I also Kudos on your idea about the radio button.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,898 Views)

You can right-click any of the booleans inside and replace them with any other boolean you like (buttons, switches, LED, etc.etc). You can delete booleans and add more boolean. They don't even need to have the same design. Place whatever booleans you want and resize them to any desired size!

That seems to do the trick!

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
(5,885 Views)

Nice.  It never occurred to me to try that.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,881 Views)