LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

english and chinese characters in a strinng

Solved!
Go to solution

I am writing a test system that will be used in China. I have been asked to have the on screen instructions in English and Chinese. Is this possible?

The instructions are strings on the block diagram passed to a queue.

I have tried to paste 正在检查与温箱通信 into the string but it appears like this chinese.JPG

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,832 Views)

Hi Ian,

Good Afternoon and I hope your well today.

Have you tried the following?

XP Control Panel>> Regional And Language Options>> On the language tab select install files for correct supplement language support ( I chose  East Asian) >> the on the Advanced tab select the language for non-uni code ( I chose Chinese PRC), then reboot computer. And this let me place Chinese characters as labels on the front panel/block diagram, read Chinese characters from files and you them in string constants etc. 

character.JPG

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 2 of 4
(3,809 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lloydy

Thanks so much thats done it. I was nervous about changing the regional settings and having a complete operating system in Chinese.

I can now display english and chinese in the same indicatorchinese.JPG

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,801 Views)

James,

Thanks for your post. 

Can you tell me what VI you are using to read Chinese characters from a file? I have been trying to use "Write to Text File.vi" and "Read From Text File.vi" with no success getting the characters to load properly after saving.

-Mitch

Mitch
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,353 Views)