LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically load custom error file

I'm trying to distribute a custom error file with my application but I'd like to update (or change out) the custom error file at a later date without recompiling my code. The LabVIEW 2012 help describes a way of distributing custom error files by adding the file to the  "Always Include" category of the build specification however this doesn't seem to result in my application being able to find the correct error description. I would simply check the "Copy Error Code Files" but I do not want the errors to be embedded in my application. Anyone know if I can dynamically load error codes from a custom error file at run-time?

LabVIEW 2012 Help - Distributing Custom Error Codes

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/dist_error_code_files/

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,985 Views)

Craig,

you can distribute additional error files at anytime independant of an application.

There are, on the other hand, two possible cultrips:

a) Custom LabVIEW Error files have to be in specific folders and are loaded only when the Runtime Engine initializes. Meaning: Only when starting the application.

b) Error files are used to display possible reasons for failures and errors defined by the error code (numeric). Simply providing new error files with new error codes will not change the "known and handled" errors in the application. So error files are focused on "letting the user know what's going on"

Typical cases of swapping error files is for instance localization of the application.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,965 Views)