From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically choose fpga front panel object used in fpga interface read/write control

I have a need to be able to select which input in a fpga board i would like to monitor, I was intending to use the read/write control method and front panel indicators. I there a way to select which front panel indicator i am looking at, during runtime without using a case statement with each case being a particular pin. I have a lookup table where I can add the indicators name to the information for the chanel so i can pass in the name to a vi, but not sure if there is a way of using this information to select the indicator.

Thanks in advance for any help or if there is a better option that i havent thought of

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,174 Views)

Hi Akiel,

Thanks for your question, I'm guessing the reasoning behind this is that you have a large number of indicators?

Whilst there isn't an in-built way of dynamically referencing which indicator on the FPGA to read from, there is a custom FPGA interface tool which may be of some use to you:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17185

If you read through this, let me know if this helps or if you need any help understanding what this is doing.

Regards,

Ben Clark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,127 Views)