LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically choose fpga front panel object used in fpga interface read/write control

I have a need to be able to select which input in a fpga board i would like to monitor, I was intending to use the read/write control method and front panel indicators. I there a way to select which front panel indicator i am looking at, during runtime without using a case statement with each case being a particular pin. I have a lookup table where I can add the indicators name to the information for the chanel so i can pass in the name to a vi, but not sure if there is a way of using this information to select the indicator.

Thanks in advance for any help or if there is a better option that i havent thought of

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,176 Views)

Hi Akiel,

Thanks for your question, I'm guessing the reasoning behind this is that you have a large number of indicators?

Whilst there isn't an in-built way of dynamically referencing which indicator on the FPGA to read from, there is a custom FPGA interface tool which may be of some use to you:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17185

If you read through this, let me know if this helps or if you need any help understanding what this is doing.

Regards,

Ben Clark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,129 Views)