LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically called VI

Hi, 

I am new to labview 

I wanted to call a subvi in another VI. the subvi is for setting the parameter of spectrum in spectrum analyzer. The subvi front panel should be open during ng runtime to take input and after pressing ok it  should close. Pl suggest a method. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,480 Views)

If you want to learn how to do this yourself, learn the basics first (spend a few weeks, at least -- write as much code to do simple things as you can, try to learn good LabVIEW Coding Style, find a LabVIEW Guru to critique your work).

What you are describing is called a Modal Dialog.  There are tutorials on the Web that discuss how to do this with LabVIEW.  If you "do it yourself", it has a better chance to "sticking" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,462 Views)

Hi bob_schor,

thanks for the reply, can you provide some link to the tutorial for the problem I am facing.

@Bob_Schor wrote:

If you want to learn how to do this yourself, learn the basics first (spend a few weeks, at least -- write as much code to do simple things as you can, try to learn good LabVIEW Coding Style, find a LabVIEW Guru to critique your work).

What you are describing is called a Modal Dialog.  There are tutorials on the Web that discuss how to do this with LabVIEW.  If you "do it yourself", it has a better chance to "sticking" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,455 Views)

@manish_90 wrote:

Hi bob_schor,

thanks for the reply, can you provide some link to the tutorial for the problem I am facing. 

• Open a Web Browser (e.g. Chrome)
  • In the Search Bar, type "LabVIEW Modal Dialog"

You'll notice I stop here.  I could say "Look at the results of the search, click on something that seems relevant, read the article, try what it says, and if you are still stuck, come back with the code you can't get to work and ask a more specific question", but I trust that you already know this, and I don't have to make it another Bullet Point ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,418 Views)

Here's a shortcut

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,412 Views)