From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duty cycle measurement with a low frequency

Lynn,

You are correct, no pulse, no frequency, no data able to cross any reference lines and thus read by a histogram.  As I cannot find a sub VI that will read extreme Duty cycle values without saying there is an error or that D.C. is 50%, I have come to a solution: get rid of the darn VIs that use these means of measurement.  Instead I used the "Amplitude and Level Measurements" VI and looked at the RMS output.  I knew from my input, +12V should be 100%, and 0V should be 0%.  After creation of a table that correlates these variables (equation via MatLab), I then had a valid means of seeing RMS, converting, and reading Duty cycle.  I was then able to manipulate my data later in the application.  Success!

Thanks for the input,

-Corbin

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(782 Views)

Corbin,

It is good that you found a solution.

Even though your signal is digital in nature, an analog measurement does the job in this case.

Sometimes looking at a problem from a different perspective helps.  That is one of the big values of this Forum: the participants come from many different backgrounds.

Lynn 

Message 12 of 12
(778 Views)