LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual channel voltage output with two different siganals and updated frequencies

Hello,

I am trying to output two channels simultaneously in the following manner.  One channel will be a constant frequency and constant amplitude sine wave that is based the continuous generation waveform provided by NI.  The other channel will be a time-linear frequecy sweep, whose amplitude remains constant, but whoes frequency changes as a function of time. 

I have both these VIs working independently, but when I try to comping them, I get stuck.  I have read numerous posts on dual channel output, and tried many of their suggestions, but the posts that do work deal with constant frequency dual channels outputs, or, I do not konw enough about DAQmx timing to make the system work.  Any suggestions are greatly welcome.  I've attached the inidividual VI's below.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,663 Views)
Hi RTom,

What NI DAQ hardware are you using? Since both VIs work for your independently, have you tried simply combining them into one VI (copying the block diagram from one into the other, so that both could execute in parallel)? In this manner, you could use error wires to dictate execution flow and have both tasks start at the same time. Please attempt this, test it out, and post back with the resultant VI if you still have problems. Do you receive any kind of error messages? If so, post those too.
David G
Sales Engineer - SE Michigan & N Ohio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,640 Views)