From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver wizard error -1073807174 invalid character present in serial number

Hello,

I am trying to get a device working in LabVIEW.  This device does not advertize that it works in LabVIEW but I figured i woudl give it a shot anyway.  When I run the driver wizard I get this error:

-1073807174 invalid character present in serial number

The devie is from China so that may have something to do with it.

usbview.exe is also not happy with the enumeratin of this device.

I relize this is not a LabVIEW error or NI issue, what I want to know is:

#1 is there any way around this issue?  Looking for legit or hack.

#2 Anyone else ever run into this?

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,474 Views)
What sort of device are you talking about? Unless you get the low level protocol from the vendor, the wizard is pretty much a waste of time. Doesn't it come with some sort of an api so that it can be used by third-party software?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,432 Views)

I have what I think is the command set.  I assume they do provide an api, but not in labview so I would have to wrap that anyway.  I figured step one was make inf for VISA, but that failed for the reasons stated above.

I have made several drivers before but never ran into this issue.

James

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,385 Views)

@James_G1 wrote:

I have what I think is the command set.  I assume they do provide an api, but not in labview so I would have to wrap that anyway.  I figured step one was make inf for VISA, but that failed for the reasons stated above.

Have you been able to establish any kind of communication with the device? Have you tried using MAX to communicate using the API you have?

Edit: to clarify, you may be able to use the MAX test panels to send and read commands

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,378 Views)
If you have a command set, attach it. It's certainly not a requirement for a device to be visible in MAX to be used by LabVIEW. Most often, using the wizard just removes the vendor's driver and does not provide anything useable.

You still have not provided the make and model of your device. That's important information for getting the best help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,376 Views)