From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading labview

Hello,

I have been trying to download LabVIEW on my laptop but it keeps on showing me the following error message.  Please help 

I have already tied editing my properties in temp security as advised sol2.PNGsolution1.PNGerror.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,151 Views)

I know this is a simple question, but I saw the same issue yesterday and without carefully reading the message, clicked retry a couple of times.

Are you connected to the internet on the computer you're using NIPM with?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,108 Views)

This is, sadly, a very common (and almost always "wrong") message from NIPM.  What I think it really means is that you have "stressed NIPM to the Breaking Point".

I have (occasionally) been successful by "doing as little as possible at one time" with NIPM.  You have not told us what you are trying to do, but seeing a reference to NI-msvcrt-2008 suggests you are trying to install a very old version (>10 years ago) of LabVIEW.  Modern NI software is supposed to be compatible with versions up to 5 years ago.  If you really want to install code from LabVIEW 2008, you might try to find a CD/DVD Installation Kit, but that might not install on modern Windows machines.  I just triied to look up the compatibility of LabVIEW 2008 and Windows, but the new tables start with LabVIEW 2009 SP1.

To run NIPM in "slow" mode, only install one Package at a time.  Do not install any Drivers until all the Modules and Toolkits you want need are installed.  Install only required "Additional Items".  Reboot after every pass.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,074 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I just triied to look up the compatibility of LabVIEW 2008 and Windows, but the new tables start with LabVIEW 2009 SP1.

There was no LabVIEW 2008.  What you are probably looking for is LabVIEW 8.6.1.  And considering 2009 SP1 was the first version to support Windows 7, it is safe to assume 8.6.1 is not officially supported in Windows 7 or anything newer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,070 Views)