From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt with using microsoft office report generation toolkit

simple question... i got the NI OFFICE toolkit, and i want to save all my DAQ data on an excel sheet and plot the graph for it....(create a report)

my sampling speed it not much, 1 sample/sec. i am using the MS Office Report.vi to save the report to a file. however, i observe that if i add the MS Office Report.vi in while loop,

the program keeps on asking for a file name every iteration unlike the Save to Measurement file.vi (where it asks only once and then keeps on adding data to the next file unless 

any other logic is applied). also, it only saves the first 3 rows of data.

how do i make the code so that the excel file saves the entire data and the graph plots a summary kind of plot of the data i have from the DAQ.

Thanks in advance.

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,857 Views)

WARNING:::  DON'T RUN CRACKJACK'S VI.  You'll quickly have 10's to hundreds of excel spreadsheets opening up.!

You have it set to open in Excel, not save to File.  And it proceeded to continually open a new sheet without asking for a filename.

Why do you have the Office Report Express VI in a loop?  It seems like something you should write out to Excel when you are done acquiring data.  If you convert the Express VI to Save to File, there are settings in there as to which file name to save to and whether you want to save to a series of files.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,842 Views)

every time  to create a report; correct??? or is it just one time enabling and then the vi keeps on creatng report? 

can you send me an example please??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,822 Views)

I don't have LabVIEW on this PC right now to be able to look at your VI again and try to create any examples.

But what I can suggest is that you get away from the express VI, and use some of the lower level VI's that make up the report generation toolkit palette.

Also, a good way to learn how the express VI is working is to right click on it, Open Front Panel, and allow it to convert to a regular subVI.  Then you can open that and see how the underlying code works.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,807 Views)

i tried doing i, where i am stuck is appending the data to the same excel file.. like in write to measurement file. vi, i cannot get it done in excel report ... can you help me with it/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,787 Views)

Look at the Excel attachment, is this what you're trying to achieve?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,753 Views)

ChristopherS, what i want is much more complex than this... i know this is the default template that you have generated the excel file from...

what i want is the user should be able to select when he should start writing the data to the file... unfortunately, if we put the MSofficeReport.vi 

into a loop, it pops out too many word files as it did in my previous posts... also, i would like to have much more rows than merely 

'operator's Name' and 'Company'... i woudl like to have date, date chart names... etc...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,716 Views)

ChristopherS, what i want is much more complex than this... i know this is the default template that you have generated the excel file from...

what i want is the user should be able to select when he should start writing the data to the file... unfortunately, if we put the MSofficeReport.vi 

into a loop, it pops out too many word files as it did in my previous posts... also, i would like to have much more rows than merely 

'operator's Name' and 'Company'... i woudl like to have date, date chart names... etc...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,715 Views)