LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does NI Vision 7.1.1 support learning more then 1 pattern at a time? Is there a good example somewhere?

I possibly have multiple patterns to learn as I move across a wafer. It would be nice if I could learn them once.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,301 Views)
Hello Clendon,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  There is an example that ships with NI-Vision that demonstrates how to learn and search for multiple geometric patterns.  Open the Example Finder for LabVIEW, and perform a search for "pattern recognition."  Double-click the result that shows up in the keyword hitlist, and a number of examples will show up in the middle portion of the Example Finder window.  There will be two examples:  Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns Example.vi and Match Multiple Geometric Patterns Example.vi.  Open the Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns Example.vi and follow the steps that are on the front panel.  This example will show how to load your own templates, and detect objects that match the templates.  The other example already has a number of templates defined, and simply detects those objects in a number of images.

Regards,

Mike T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,283 Views)
Hi Torba, thanks for the pointer. Unfortunatly these VIs do not show up on my machine. I have LabVIEW 8.0, Vision 7.1.1 and NI-IMAQ fro IEEE 1394 Cameras 2.0.1 installed. Are these examples included in these packages? If not, is there another place I can look?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,276 Views)
Hello Clendon,

After digging through some more documentation on the feature enhancements for NI-Vision, it appears that multiple template searching capability for a single image was introduced starting with NI-Vision 8.0.  This is why the examples aren't showing up for you.  The document that I referenced is found here:

What is New in the NI Vision Development Module?

Therefore, you would have to upgrade NI-Vision to at least 8.0 if you would like to perform multiple template pattern recognition for a single image.

Regards,

Mike T
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,258 Views)