LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does 8.0.1 improve the slow startup issue in LabVIEW 8?

Also, does it improve the problem w/ very slow response when selecting "VI properties..."?

Also, does it improve the very slow response when selecting "Format & Precision" on any # (on the front panel & block diagram)?

Also, is the Format inheritance for constant #s using "Create Constant" from the subVI node fixed (i.e., retained type = hex, oct, etc. instead of always decimal)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,480 Views)
I can't help you with much in the body of your post, but if you read through this thread (it's a long one), it's got a lot of helpful info on ways to improve your startup time.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,474 Views)
The answer to your question, by the way, is no. For me it actually seems to have made it worse. Absolutely ridiculous. I am very disappointed in NI with this LabVIEW release.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,429 Views)

I am also VERY disappointed in NI w/ LV8.  It's bad enough that LabVIEW owes me a free utility that allows me to move all my code back to good ol' 6.1 or at least 7 or 7.1.

There's no question that LV8 is a piece of crap that is way slower, crashes way more often, hogs way more resources, is far more arcane in the way things are organized, has lots of irritating behavior changes that you can't make it stop doing, has basically none of the enhancements that I feel LabVIEW needs, and has important features removed.

On the other hand, 8.0.1 was a lot faster on startup for me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,410 Views)