From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.dll file communication

Have a Microchip .dll file for one of their demo boards along with the demo windows software.  How do I use LabVIEW to talk to the demo software or demo board.  The only other file I have is the .dll but missing the header file. 

Thanks for your time...

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,744 Views)

Do you have any documentation for the DLL? You'll need to know what functions are contained in the DLL, what those functions do, and what parameters are required to call them. Normally some of that information would be in the associated header file. Have you checked if you can download the header from Microchip's website?

Within LabVIEW, you use the Call Library Function Node to call a function in a DLL. You'll need to provide a lot more information about the DLL, and what you want to do, before anyone can give you more help than that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,737 Views)

Thanks.

Am trying for more info....Will post once notified...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,731 Views)

So this is what Microchip provided.  Please view attached file. 

When I use the import shared library I get some errors.  This is listed in the word doc attached.

Any direction will help.

THANKS......

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,696 Views)

Please don't attach screenshots as zipped word documents. Open mspaint, save as a png, upload the png. Much easier.

While I have worked with Microchip devices before, I haven't used this particular chip, and I don't know anything about it. What does it do? What functions in the library do you need to call? What have you already tried? Do you have any background in C programming? The shared library import wizard only works completely for the simplest functions; nearly all DLLs require some manual adjustments, and that requires at least a basic understanding of C.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,685 Views)