LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dl9040 Commands for measure the parameters

Hello,

I have a problem that I haven't achieved to solve with the DL9040 Oscilloscope from the Yokogaya company. 

I want to measure the parameters of the oscilloscope like the frequency, rms, period, etc. But I don't know exactly what commans I have to send. I have found the following commands:

:MEAS:MODE BASIC;    -- Configure the measure.

:MEAS: DISP ON;           -- Display of parameters on.

:MEAS:TRAC1:AREA1:FREQ: STATE ON   -- Enable freq parameter.

:MEAS:TRAC1:AREA1:FREQ:VAL?  -- Query the value.

However, sending these commands the response of the value is NaN. I don't know if these commands are right, but I have read the guide and I haven't found any other to do the specific measure.  Has someone used this oscilloscope and can tell me where I'm failing? 

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,660 Views)
Are you using the driver? Help> Find Instrument Drivers or download it from http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=6E23201D131B41D7E04400144FB7D2...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,648 Views)

Yes, I have also tried to use the driver, but unfortunately it doesn't work....The function to read measures from the driver is the following:

measure.png

I don't know exactly that I have to do and I'm very confused.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,618 Views)
Doesn't work is not a very adequate explanation. Does the instrument report an error? Is it just the frequency measurement that you have a problem with? Is there a measurement displayed on the instrument itself? What does the signal look like?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,609 Views)

Sorry, doesn't work means that the response of the instrument to the query is the NaN value and the instrument doesn't report any error.

In the display of the instrument is displayed the correct value of the parameter.This happens with all possible parameters of the oscilloscope. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,601 Views)
Thanks, that helps. Either the query is wrong or the parsing is. Place a probe on the returned string and attach that. You can also execute the query in MAX and see what is returned.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,592 Views)