LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

divert sound out to a file

I have a labview program which creates sounds and writes them to the sound output device.  Everything works fine.  Now I wish to capture the sounds going to the sound output device (including silence between writes) to a file.

To make life simple I acquired a utility program called Wiretap Pro which just captures all sound going to the speakers and writes it to a file.  Unfortunately, the results are not satisfactory.  I have two programs battling for the processor and the result is a significant slowing down of the sound generation and a lot of jitter.

It would be nice if I could use O.S. functions to simply divert the output stream to a file as you can do in Unix but I don't see how to do that either in Windows or MacOS. 

So I would like to do a Labview solution.  I notice that SI config has a parameter called buffer size and the examples show writing from that buffer to a wav file.  But I don't have an input stream;  all of my sounds are generated from within the program. 

Does anybody have any ideas?

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,944 Views)

Some sound cards allow you to route the output to the input in the hardware. This is done  in control panel->sound->sound recording. The setting is named "What u hear"  at least in windows XP. Try Google and search for "what u hear windows 7" or "what u hear windows" for more info

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,939 Views)