From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display message

dear sir, 

i have multiple string output and i have to display in single indicator as a message can any one explain how to do with some example.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,524 Views)

Do you mean Array of string ? If it is a array, use Index Array(it is under Programming>>Array) to get the single value...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,521 Views)

thank you sir for your reply ...
i have different case structure each case structure has an output  and i have to display all the output in single display... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,515 Views)

Hi,

Use Concatenate Strings to display in a single string.

concate.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,511 Views)

sir if i use string concatenation i am getting combined output but i have to get the output one by one.... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,507 Views)

Hi,

I guess you want to make a string indicator, where you can add a messages with status etc. (if I get it correct). I have some old code, which can help you. You can make a subVI, where you use a reference to the string indicator and add the new info using the property nodes. Just look at the attached file. I hope it helps you...

Cheers

Angel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,501 Views)

Steps,

Does it mean you want the message to be displayed one below the other or the message to be displayed one by one with some delay inbetween.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,498 Views)

hi steps,

why not you share you VI for better understanding...? if it is not confidential 😞

G'Ramy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,477 Views)

@steps wrote:

thank you sir for your reply ...
i have different case structure each case structure has an output  and i have to display all the output in single display... 

Then you place an indicator outside the case and send all cases to the connection.

(Awaiting Altenbachs links)

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,446 Views)

thank you sir i got the solution ..... by using local reference to the indicator...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,443 Views)