From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnect type definitions and remove unused ploymorphic VI instances,error 1098 is generated when building exe?

Eachtime I go to build an executable file under the 'application settings' I have to untick 'Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances. If this is not unticked an error 1098 is generated?

I have found error 1098 which is 'cannot disconnect type def or polymorpic VIs if the block diagram is not avalible? The name it gives is KLVE_PolyorTDWithNoDiag?

What is the cause of this and can this be resolved? 

Lee Henstock
Cooper Research Technology
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,606 Views)

Well the error message says it all. Somewhere in your app you seem to use a VI whose block diagram has been stripped. Which that would be I have no idea since my crystal ball to diagnose such problems is currently out of operation.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,575 Views)

rolfk wrote:

I have no idea since my crystal ball to diagnose such problems is currently out of operation.

I m not able to understand this pun. Smiley Sad

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,566 Views)

parthabe wrote:

rolfk wrote:

I have no idea since my crystal ball to diagnose such problems is currently out of operation.

I m not able to understand this pun. Smiley Sad

Well some people like gipsies use a crystal ball to look into the future of someone. A variant of this is to use a crystal ball to diagnose a technical problem with no further knowledge of the problem.

It's also a little pun in the direction of that the problem description could be really more descriptive and helpful.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 06-09-2009 06:07 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,562 Views)