LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnect type definitions and remove unused ploymorphic VI instances,error 1098 is generated when building exe?

Eachtime I go to build an executable file under the 'application settings' I have to untick 'Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances. If this is not unticked an error 1098 is generated?

I have found error 1098 which is 'cannot disconnect type def or polymorpic VIs if the block diagram is not avalible? The name it gives is KLVE_PolyorTDWithNoDiag?

What is the cause of this and can this be resolved? 

Lee Henstock
Cooper Research Technology
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,613 Views)

Well the error message says it all. Somewhere in your app you seem to use a VI whose block diagram has been stripped. Which that would be I have no idea since my crystal ball to diagnose such problems is currently out of operation.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,582 Views)

rolfk wrote:

I have no idea since my crystal ball to diagnose such problems is currently out of operation.

I m not able to understand this pun. Smiley Sad

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,573 Views)

parthabe wrote:

rolfk wrote:

I have no idea since my crystal ball to diagnose such problems is currently out of operation.

I m not able to understand this pun. Smiley Sad

Well some people like gipsies use a crystal ball to look into the future of someone. A variant of this is to use a crystal ball to diagnose a technical problem with no further knowledge of the problem.

It's also a little pun in the direction of that the problem description could be really more descriptive and helpful.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 06-09-2009 06:07 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,569 Views)