LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital fortran dll and labview interface

can anyone of u guide me to interface digital fortran dll and
labview.....
i wud be more happy to know even the settings for it. thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,861 Views)
There are general instructions in the shipping document called "Using External Code in LabVIEW". You can view this by going to Help>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf. You use the Call Library Node Function and specify the parameters per the dll's .h file. LabVIEW 8.20 has a wizard that will do this for you.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,859 Views)
Just one caveat before trying the wizard. You need the .h file that goes along with your .dll. Otherwise, the wizard won't work. Speaking from experience. Smiley Mad

Spent the last couple of days trying to get 3rd party VC++ into a .dll (didn't work), into a format that I could use in CIN (didn't work) and Math script. (ditto ditto ditto)

I just upgraded to 8.2 so I'll use the .dll wizard!!! Didn't work. (no header file) Smiley Indifferent

Eventually got everything humming along with ActiveX. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,850 Views)
Hi Naveen,
You need to use the "Call Library Function Node " function in LabVIEW to call any external dll. With this function you can select the dll and specify the input and output parameters. Here is a link to a sample LabVIEW code that calls a User32.dll to play Window sound file.

Tunde.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,832 Views)