LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital I/O conversion

i am currently working on a senior thesis project at james madison university, and
i am embarking on some labview programming. my project involves sound localization,
and the data inputs are in digital form.

i have two problems/questions:

1. i am using the DAQ assistant. the data is formatted to a 1D array of a digital waveform.
i have tried indexing the array and then getting the waveform components, but this just
gives me a digital table along with the clock time, etc. i would like to just have 0,1 coming
out so that i can use boolean operations. how do i get the data out of this digital table format,
or how should i configure the input so that i do not have this problem?

2. in calculating the location of the source i need the time of arrival differences of pulses at each
of my four receivers so i need some way to grab the elapsed clock time every time i receive a HI signal.
what is the best way to do this?

thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,177 Views)
Hello acoustic50:

1. You could try "DWDT Digital Waveform to Boolean Array.vi" found on Waveform functions.
2. a. You could connect your digital data to a PFI input, then set-up digital triggering, then determine the tick count on when the trigger occurred.
b. You can get the boolean array that was determined from #1, then get the waveform components dt and t0 to determine the time the trigger occurred.

I hope these helps. Please inform me if you have further questions on any of the items above.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,171 Views)