From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different scanrate

Hi
I'm using a DAQCard1200 with 16AI and 24DIO on LV6. I'm trying to build an apllication where the scanrate of the AI is slower than those of the DIO. is this possible. I tried very hard but if I set the AI scanrate to 1 per sec, the DIO is actualized with the same scanrate.
thanks for your help.
Yves
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,248 Views)
In short, yes. Without a descriptoin of how you're doing this, I can only speak generally.
The AI timing can be software or hardware timed depending on how you set it up. The DIO will be software timed unless you have strobe/handshaking signals.
If you are software timing your acquisitions (single reads in a loop), just have the operations in different loops, or skip iterations in a single loop for the slower acquisition.
If you are hardware timing your AI, then the DIO can be software timed or strobed, either of which gives you control over the transfer rate.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,248 Views)
thanks for your help
my AI-signal are buffered in a loop. the scanrate of the AI-read is set to for example 1 scan/sec. the DI (I use Port B of my DAQCard1200, I use the Port-Read vi) are buffered in an other loop where the timer (wait until next ms multiple) is set to 50. when I start my program the DI is actualized at the same rate as the AI. I hope the details are good enough so that anybody can give me an advice.
thanks again for your help
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,248 Views)