LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different sampling time

Hello,

I have to measure a 20khz frequency signal and at same time i need output a 1kHz signal. how can i do that using 6024e board and labview.
thank
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,441 Views)
You should be able to do both at the same time. Look through the examples and find one for each function you want to perform (analog in and analog out). Both examples should run at the same time at whatever rates you choose.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,440 Views)
i have done that, but when AD works, DA does not seem to work
thank for quickly reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,436 Views)
Well, you might be in trouble. The 6024E seems to only have one DMA channel, so you can only do one thing at a time. I don't think it is possible to do an analog in and analog out at the same time with that specific card.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,429 Views)
Though I have never tried this you could try getting around the 1 DMA channel limitation by setting the Data Transfer method for one of the tasks to Interrupts or Programmed I/O. I would suggest to try this on your output channel since it is the slower of the two signals. You can find this property by using the DAQmx Channel Property node and going to AO>>General Properties>>Advanced>>DataTransfer and Memory. Also, all of this is assuming you are using DAQmx. If you are using Trad DAQ then I am not sure.

StuartG
Message 5 of 6
(2,413 Views)
Hello

What Stuart says is correct, I've attached a link to a knowledge base that describes how to do this in traditional DAQ, this also provides a link to a knowledge base describing how to do this with DAQmx.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6CBFC550085B32EC8625699A0078DAD8?OpenDocument

Hope this helps

Hannah
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(2,387 Views)