From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different sampling rate for daq inputs

i am using daq card 9025.

i wish to take two inputs at different channels but with different sampling frequency..

cani do this using daq assistant ?

or i wud have to use traditional daqmx functions?

could anyone shelp me with one example?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,019 Views)

I would sample them both at the higher frequency, then decimate the data for the slower channel.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,011 Views)

A 9025 is a cRIO controller.  I don't think that is what you have.  Perhaps you meant a 9205, which is a 32 channel AI module.

All imputs from a single module will have to be read at the same rate.  If you want to run at different frequencies, you will need to have another module.  What I tend to do in similar situations is just read at the fastest rate needed and then just perform an average on the channels that should be at a slower rate.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,009 Views)

and what averaging function would that be?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,005 Views)

@Bgmnt wrote:

and what averaging function would that be?

I typically used Mean.vi (does not get any simpler than that).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(3,000 Views)