LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device drivers on trial version 8.6

i'm installing version 8.6, and before installation completes it's letting me know i'll be prompted to provide the source for national instrument device drivers.  where can i find this?  i'm re-installing this, because in my last design, i wanted to use the instrument i/o assistant and ran into the problem of not having the driver for it.  thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,201 Views)

Hi bravnot,

see this link.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,198 Views)

Follow-up: The specific driver you're looking for is probably NI-VISA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,192 Views)
hi Mike, thanks for the reply.  i'm a little slow on the uptake this morning.  i'd assume there would be some sort of "library" that contained all necessary drivers.  do i need to download and install each driver seperately?  i see a labview-signal express evaluation license files, but i'm guessing that's not what i'm looking for?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,190 Views)

i've found this link, and i can select the instrument i/o assistant, and i suppose that would work? 

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/MainPage?ReadForm&node=132010_US

i was just under the impression there'd be a single file that would contain most, if not all of the drivers i'd need for the bare bones trial version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,183 Views)

I don't see the Instrument I/O Assistant there. As has been mentioned, you need to install NI-VISA.

I haven't checked lately but the device driver CD is often on the ftp site. This is a very large file to download. If you know exactly what you want, it's faster to download the specific driver.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,173 Views)

The LabVIEW 8.6 trial is the same as you would get when you get the retail version. It's just the development environment. Device drivers need to be installed separately. When you buy LabVIEW NI includes the device drivers on separate CDs as a convenience. You still have to know which ones to install. And that depends on what hardware you have. What hardware do you have?

There is an old download for the Instrument I/O Assistant, but I would recommend getting the appropriate device drivers so you get the latest version. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,168 Views)