LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine peaks and valley width

Hi,

Im working with Basic level trigger detection vi to determine the width of different peaks on my signal but the problem is that my signal contain many peaks ( real time signal and im taking a portion of it) and the trigger detection is giving me only one width not an array of width please can someone help me with it cause im new in labview here is my vi down below and thanks in advance .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,456 Views)

Only a few people will have the biomedical add-on.

If you want more people to help:

+ Run the VI so you'll have typical data.

+ Change the graph to a control

+ Delete the Simulation VI's.

+ Make the graph's data default (check if it's still there when you close and open it).

That way we can all run and test the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,382 Views)

I have a few questions:

Are you looking for peak to peak measurements? 

What kind of width are you looking for? (i.e. time, count, amplitude)

What would a normal signal look like?

If you want multiple peaks then you need to use the locations part of the find peak vi. That will give you the indices for the data you gave it where a peak occurred that is above the threshold.  Right now you are using the amplitude. That will not do what you are looking for. The locations will be an array of the peak positions. I believe this is what you are looking for.  You can use the same vi to find the valleys. It would give you an array of valley locations in indices. Once you have this information you should be able to do the math to find peak to peak or peak to valley or what ever you are trying to calculate. If you want an array of these values so you have a history then you will have to build an array.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,367 Views)