LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detection of differences between images

Hi I am working on a school project were I need to detect the differences between the image template or "golden picture" and the video image (using a smartphone as webcam) containing "mistakes". Is there a way a can achieved this by using the "vision assistant" or any LabVIEW tool that anyone knows about?. Basically In the end I need to display the video image in the "image display" and that the area or areas with the difference(s) get(s) surrounded by an indicator like a red rectangle. I already know how to use a smartphone as a webcam in Labview, I just need help with the rest. any suggestions or guidance?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(707 Views)

NI Vision has template matching functions.

Vision Assistant is a crude attempt to dumb down vision. It can be helpful to get started. With some experience in LabVIEW and NI Vision, I found getting things done in Vision Assistant actually much harder.

You can also use Python called from LabVIEW. That allows you to use OpenCV, that also has template matching options. Of course, if the goal of the class is to teach you LabVIEW, this might not be allowed.

There are lots of 'template matching' flavors (is scaling allowed? Rotating? Color changes? Etc.). It can be as simple as one of the examples that probably ship with NI Vision, or an incredibly hard PhD level 4 years problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(643 Views)