LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detect pop-up using open VI references

hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to detect if a pop-up has occured in a VI, from another VI by using an OpenVI reference.... and maybe some property node.  I can't find a way.  I can reference controls on a VI, and detect if their values change, but I can't figure out how to detect if a pop-up has occured. 

much thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,219 Views)

A similar question was just recently asked: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Open-front-panel-of-sub-vi-when-called-how/td-p/1271866

So, you could just use the same property to see if the front panel window is open.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,207 Views)

Hi Buddy,

How long a time frame are we talking about here. Do we need to know if the pop-up has ever occoured, or if the pop-up is currently on the FP???

regards

Rich

Richard S
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,200 Views)

It has been years since I did that but...

I wrote a loop to repeatedly do a "All VIs in memory" and look for stuff coming and going.

At teh time I was able to catch the BridgeVIEW tag config screen and was able to punch buttons. never did anything with it...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,185 Views)

Hi, thanks for the replys

- I would like to know asap when a pop-up occurs, as close to real time as I can get.  For example, using a VI reference, and an indicator reference, you can monitor an indicator from some arbitrary VI, and you can see it change as it changes on the VI where it exists.  I'd like that same functionality with popups, if a user dialog popup occurs, I'd like to be able to through another VI which has an open reference to the VI that has the popup

- I tried the All VIs in Memory, I couldn't get it to notice a dialog popup

thanks for the input!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,172 Views)

@Fibo wrote:

Hi, thanks for the replys

- I would like to know asap when a pop-up occurs, as close to real time as I can get.  For example, using a VI reference, and an indicator reference,

If you already have a VI reference, then why can't you just use the Front Panel:Open property?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,161 Views)

How would you use the Front Panel Open property to detect when a popup pops up in a referenced vi?  by popup I mean any labview popup window, be it an error message or a user dialog box or something from a subvi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,151 Views)

Hi,

I've created a little Project that contains a couple of VI's and a global Variable. One Vi detects a dialog pop-up occurring within the other VI as you asked. Hopefully you can tailor this to your needs.

Hope this helps, and any more problems, or if the solution needs any more tweeks, give us a shout

Regards

Richard.

Richard S
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,088 Views)

Thanks for posting that Richard, is there any chance I could get you, or anyone reading this, to re-post it as LabVIEW 2009 (or earlier) I'm running 2009 over here.

much thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,028 Views)

Here you go buddy.

Hope this help and that can can extend this to solve your problem.

Richard

Richard S
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,011 Views)