From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detect USB-6009

Hello,

I am using Labview 8.2 and I am using a USB-6009. I would like to be able to detect the presence of the USB-6009 device at the beginning of the

program, so that I can disable/enable the options that use the USB-6009 if the system has it or not.

So how do I determine if the USB-6009 exists?

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,955 Views)

Hi Kaspar,

You can use the DevNames property of a DAQmx System Property Node which returns an array containing names of all DAQ devices currently in the system. You can search through this list to determine if the USB-6009 is in the system. The DAQmx System node can be found in the following pallette:  Measurement I/O>>DAQmx>>DAQmx Advanced>>System Setup.

Thanks

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,945 Views)

Two ways I've used:

1) Ask for data from it. If it does not return an error, it's connected.

2) Better: the unit has a reference voltage on one of the outputs. You can perform a "wrap-back" and tell that the unit is connected and functioning. In other words, wire the reference voltage output to an unused AI, and check that AI at startup.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,944 Views)