cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desktop application unstable in vista

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have created a windows desktop application with LabVIEW 8.2.1 which I run through its exe built file.

In XP and Windows 7, there is no problem, but in Vista, it is unstable. After some small period of time that it is running, it encounters a problem and it needs to close, with the corresponding error message of Windows Vista (Search the problem in the Internet or Close the application).

What is more, after observing the CPU usage (3-5%) and the RAM (22MB) that it occupies in Windows 7, it doesn't seem to have a problem.

What can cause this situation?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,981 Views)

Hi there,

Are you able to replicate this on other Vista machines?  Can you try making a different executable and running it on this Vista machine?  Is this an executable or did you make a full installer?  Is this a 64bit machine while the others were 32 bit?  What operating system is the development system on?

Any further details you can provide would be appreciated.

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,970 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nikosfs

I don't have other Vista PC, but if I find one for a while, I wll give it a try.

The executable that is unstable isn't unique. I improve the code regularly, so I build a new executable every time, not a full installer. The 3 files that are built, are the following: *.aliases, *. exe, *.ini .

What is more, all the machines run 32-bit windows.

Windows XP 32-bit SP3 with AVG antivirus

Windows Vista 32-bit SP1 with Avast antivirus

Windows 7 32-bit SP1 with Windows Security Essentials antivirus

The development system runs on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit SP1.

I uninstalled the Avast antivirus and installed the Windows Security Essentials and there is no problem now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,965 Views)