Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design control and monitoring system a factory for glass production

My task is to do exactly:

1- Melting glass

2- Fabricate glass using 'Molding'

3- Annealing (Cooling Hot Glass)

I have read "LabView for Everyone", but still by basics and foundation can help me do some of task (1).

I wish I can have a help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,919 Views)

LabVIEW is a programming language. It cannot do any of this.

(Of course you could write a LabVIEW program that communicated with your hardware to control a robot, your melting oven, your molding machines, your annealing chamber and everything else needed. Do you have al the required hardware and API specifications?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(1,912 Views)

Sorry Bro, I gave general information about design, so I didn't mean exactly I will have a glass.

My design is just software (no hardware required)

1- Melting (High Temperature under some parameters)

2- Fabrication == Injection Molding ( parameters monitored are: filling hopper, temperature control in screw, and sequence)

3- Annealing ( Cooling the high temperature coming from the fabrication process)

The design can be divided into 3 main processes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(1,903 Views)

It may help you to understand @altenbach's point to point out that LabVIEW is an acronym:  Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench (LabVIEW).  Here's the idea -- as an Engineer, you are responsible for designing a Control and Monitoring System for a Factory to do Glass Production.  So you design a Chassis, decide what controls, dials, and switches you want on its Front Panel, drill holes in Aluminum, then design the circuit Boards that you'll wire to these Controls and connect to Actuators and Sensors in the factory, and use digital (or analog) logic circuitry to make it all work.

Oops, the Customer needs another control -- need to redrill the Chassis to accomodate it.  And how difficult will it be to design all the logic we'll need to stuff into this box?

Enter LabVIEW, and the idea of a "Virtual Instrument", realized in software, where you can design a LabVIEW Front Panel with dials and switches and Oscilloscopes (Waveform Charts), implement the logic "inside the box" with (visual, graphical) software logic inside the Block Diagram, along with interfaces to hardware (much of it initially made by National Instruments, but also compatible with other Industry Standards).

So what you need to do is figure out what you mean by a "Control and Monitoring System for a Factory for Glass Production".  What do you need to Control?  What do you need to monitor?  What logic connects the two?  At some point, you are going to need to think about how you get "Control" and "Monitor" information into (and out of) the Computer, which LabVIEW handles quite well.

Since you appear to know relatively little about LabVIEW, and this is a significant Project, I suggest that you start looking for a LabVIEW Certified LabVIEW Architect (or CLA), or a consulting group composed of CLAs and others with LabVIEW experience.  If you would like to "do it yourself", you should identify a LabVIEW Expert who can serve as a mentor, and expect to spend a few years on getting the necessary experience.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,880 Views)

@eaglebadr7 wrote:

My design is just software (no hardware required)

OK, so you are talking about a simulation. Create a Vi with all required controls and indicators and write a program that ties it all together, simulating the process as a function of time and user input.

Have you worked out all the theory? Do you have problems translating it to graphical code? How far did you get? Is this homework?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,832 Views)

Doc3_page-0001.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(1,805 Views)

Soooo 

As Bob already said, This is not something one can put together as your first task in LabVIEW, although LabVIEW has an "easier" learning curve than most programming environments. 
Although this is a relatively informative picture, it tells us nothing about your planned code implementation, nothing about your current roadblocks or issues. All we see is a big "please do this for me" sign.

Most people on here are using their free time to help others with their issues. but what you're asking for is for someone to write what would normally be a 2/3 monthly project (if we include HW implementations) which usually costs a pretty penny. 

If you want help, show us some code and issues you have with it. 
Otherwise, I suggest doing some learning and simpler projects before embarking on a big one. Here are some free and paid LabVIEW courses: 15 Best + Free LabView Tutorial and Training Courses - Take This Course 
The Complete LabVIEW Essentials - Code & Acquire Data Now | Udemy

Andreas

Kind regards
LabVIEW Fairy

cRIO Enthusiast
Please mark solutions when appropriate.
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,779 Views)

Algorithms:

1) Collecting Raw Materials:

-Tank 1, Tank 2, and Tank 3 should pump together (with individual filling, like Sand should fill to 7, Soda should fill to 1.5, ex..)

-Then the materials from the tank move to the "Mixture Tank" through the pipes. (so the Tanks should be empty)

-The "Mixture Tank" should be filled by total amount of "Tank 1, Tank 2, and Tank 3: which equals 9.4)

I tried to do it, but is giving me error, and also the tanks don't fill to the amount I have typed in Block Diagram

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,773 Views)

This is the file>

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,772 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,771 Views)