LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete worksheet using report generation tools

i have created an excel report using the report generation toolkit. One vi i have not found was delete worksheet.  My workbook template that i have created has 5 worksheets that i can populate with the data from my access database but sometimes i dont need all 5 and want to be able to delete some of the worksheets.  I tried using activex but it does not seem to be compatible with the report generation tools.  I was looking for any help with a vi that can delete worksheets that i did not use

thanks for your time
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,288 Views)

Hi brandon20,

the attached picture shows how you can delete a worksheet using activeX functions.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 05-28-2008 08:55 PM
Message 2 of 8
(3,286 Views)
I tried that method but when i connected it to the report generation vi it gave me an error saying that i have connected two wires of different types is there anyway to make activex compatible with report generation tools
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,280 Views)

i Changed the get worksheet in the  Report generation vi and it seems to work as i can delete the worksheet i want and save the file but i cant close the vi correctly it gives me an error that says passing a null ref name was wondering if anyone had any ideas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,275 Views)
Hi brandon20,
i´m not sure, but i think you shouldn´t close the _Worksheet reference. I think all references from the cluster will be closed in an other vi.

Hope it helps.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,266 Views)
still not working i have attached the VI that i am using to figure this problem out

Is there another way that would work???
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,264 Views)
question reposted here
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,241 Views)
Hi brandon20,
as i said before, if you don´t close the references from the cluster, then you can call the delete.vi more than ones without an error.
See the attached pictures.

Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 05-30-2008 08:25 AM
Download All
Message 8 of 8
(3,225 Views)